From West Cambridge Active Travel (WCAT)Jump to navigationJump to search
The City Deal has proposed a new busway ("Option 3") between Cambourne and Cambridge carving a new right-of-way through the fields between West Cambridge and Cambourne.
- The City Deal established a Local Liaison Forum with members of the public and various stakeholders in order to work on the various issues related to the scheme and engage with the public.
- The members of the Local Liaison Forum are mainly opposed to carving a new right-of-way through the fields and have advanced a new proposal.
- All proposals would improve public transport, the question is how, and what effects those proposals might have on walking & cycling links.
Local Liaison Forum proposal
- Members of the forum have proposed an alternative plan ("Option 6") using Madingley Road (A1303) instead of a new busway through the West Fields:
- It is unclear what the impact of this proposal would be on the Madingley Road / A1303 shared-use path for walking and cycling. There are several sections to be considered:
- West of Madingley Mulch Roundabout
- Between the Madingley Mulch Roundabout and the M11
- East of the M11 to J.J. Thomson Ave
- J.J. Thomson Ave to the city centre
- The Option 6 proposal calls for a "dedicated cycle route" from West Cambridge to the city centre but does not specify where this dedicated cycle route would be placed.
- These questions require further answers...