From University Map Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
- I'd like to be informed about future developments to the map
- Announcements about the map will be made to the email@example.com mailing list. Feel free to subscribe to this low-volume list.
- What sort of feedback are you looking for on this 'beta' release?
- We're interested in at least bugs, 'didn't do what I expected's, usability issues (though many are going to be intractable), suggestions, and reports of factual errors. All to the UCS Service Desk firstname.lastname@example.org or on-line to http://issues.map.cam.ac.uk/ please.
- Why does the map display so badly on mobile phones?
- The feasibility study that developed the map as it appears at the moment only involved developing a desktop version. We know how we want to do a mobile version and we've made provision for this. One of the things we know we need to do before a full launch is complete this work. See Mobile Mockup for an early version of how we envisage this working (though our current plans have evolved somewhat from this).
- Why is the page styling non-standard?
- The University is in the middle of developing new guidelines for presenting information on the web that will unify the approach to desktop and mobile devices ('Project Light'). These guidelines will be published in August 2012 and the map will be updated to match them as soon as possible thereafter. In the meantime we haven't expended much effort on the details of how the pages appear. This does mean that the appearance may change, perhaps radically, sometime in the future.