From University Map Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
This wiki contains information about the new, OpenStreetMap-based University Map. The information here is target at webmasters and developers who want to make use of the various facilities offered by the map service, or who want to contribute to the underlying OpenStreetMap data on which the map is based. Some of these pages have yet to be populated.
The map can be accessed at http://map.cam.ac.uk/. It is currently undergoing closed trials, but we are about to widen this into a Public Beta release.
- Introduction and examples
- An introduction to what you can do with the map and some examples
- The Map URL API
- How to link to the map to display various things.
- The Embedding API
- How to easily embed the maps in other web pages
- The Tile API
- How to use the map tiles provided to create your own maps
- The Database API
- How to access the information database underlying the map
- Accessing OpenStreetMap
- How to interact with the data in OpenStreetMap
- Case Studies
- Examples and case studies from people using the map
- Frequently (or at least occasionally) asked questions
Please report problems, issues, etc. via: http://issues.map.cam.ac.uk/