From University Map WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This wiki contains information about the OpenStreetMap-based University Map. This information is aimed at anyone who wants to use the more advanced facilities that the map offers, or who want to contribute to the underlying OpenStreetMap data on which the map is based. The map itself provides help on using the standard map service.
The map can be accessed at https://map.cam.ac.uk/.
There is an introduction and set of examples of what you can do with the map that you might want to start with.
Please report problems, issues, etc. to the UCS Service Desk firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Linking to the map
- How to link to the map to display various things
- Embedding the map
- How to easily embed the maps in other web pages
- Interactive annotation
- How to interactively add points, lines, areas and text to a map that others can display, using 'Annotate the map'
- Programmatic annotation
- How to automatically add annotation information to the map (using UCamGeoJSON)
- Exporting and printing the map
- How to download sections of the map in PDF or PNG formats for off-line use and incorporation in printed materials
- Using the tiles
- How to use the map tiles provided to create your own maps when other approaches are not suitable
- Accessing the database
- How to access the information database underlying the map
- Terms and conditions, Copyright, Fair Use, etc.
- The conditions under which we provide the map and its associated services, what you need to do if you use it, etc.
- Accessing OpenStreetMap
- How to interact with the data in OpenStreetMap
- Case Studies
- Examples and case studies from people using the map
- Frequently (or at least occasionally) asked questions