Map Upgrade 2014
New features and enhancements
The recent upgrade of the University map ([]) has introduced a range of printing features, enhanced the interface, and added the oEmbed functionality for easier embedding of maps into CMSs. It is now possible to print the map for personal use or export an area of the map as a graphic for use on printed materials.
- Once you have located the area you wish to export or print, you can access the functionality by clicking on the print icon on the left side of the map.
- The Export/print pages have headers and footers in a different colour so they are easily identified. They give four options:
- Quick Print: just get what you see as an A4 PDF
- PDF A4 page: with search results, orientation, area and scale options
- PNG image: for a website or pasted into e.g. a Word document ([not JPEG?])
- PDF extract: for embedding in a page layout (e.g. in Adobe InDesign) or for higher quality and arbitrary size printing ([not EPS?])