- "I had to write this quickly for one of our servers. I'm sending it to the list because presumably others might need one too, and when I emailed Jon Warbrick in September he didn't have one. Alpha quality, but seems to work for me.
- "source and jar attached. JAR also includes the webauth toolkit classes from the Raven project site so you can just drop it into server/lib and configure the valve in server.xml
- "works for Tomcat 5.5, probably won't work for older Tomcat versions".
The valve is distributed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
These instructions are for Ubuntu/Debian and tomcat6, alteration may be required for other OSes/tomcat versions
- Add webauth.jar and webauth-tomcat.jar to /usr/share/tomcat6/lib/ probably by symlinking to the jar which is stored somewhere more sensible like /usr/local/share/java/ or if you have done pom to deb conversion (untested) then they should be in /usr/share/java/.
- Symlink commons-codec.jar and commons-logging.jar into /usr/share/tomcat6/lib/ from /usr/share/java/ (install libcommons-logging-java and libcommons-codec-java if necessary)
- Install pubkey2.crt into /etc/tomcat6/
- Modify /etc/tomcat6/server.xml to add the following to the relevant Engine
<!-- Use the raven valve to restrict access --> <Valve className="uk.ac.cam.ucs.webauth.tomcat.RavenValve"/>
These instructions are for Ubuntu/Debian and tomcat7
- Add ravenvalve.jar to your java path e.g. $CATALINA_HOME/lib (this is actually in the application specific java path)
- Symlink commons-codec.jar and commons-logging.jar into $CATALINA_HOME/lib from /usr/share/java/ (install libcommons-logging-java and libcommons-codec-java if necessary)
- Download pubkey2.crt into $CATALINA_HOME/conf and rename to raven_pubkey.crt
- Modify $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml to add the following to the relevant Engine
<!-- Use the raven valve to restrict access --> <Valve className="cam.cl.raven.RavenValve"/>